Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And one more time....




Here it is again...my Gentleman's Study as I had once called it on RMS.... And then dear Miss Nikki Crumpet came popping over and wanted to know where were the men?.. and where did we study them? On the couch? Oh that made me laugh. So now I just call it The Study...



I know alot of you have probably seen this the 5 or 6 different times (or maybe it was 8 or 9 times?) I posted it on RMS....and my very first blog post was about the ottoman I had reupholstered in this room...



and then I even posted on my formerly pink deer head...



There also were alot of comments about my peacock feather wreath...


and my addiction to tole trays which I scatter all over the house...



This room sure does get alot of discussion.....but I am positive this will be the last time..(don't hold your breath!) But as a decorating fanatic and I know there's alot of you out there - DecFan's are never satisfied with our rooms. We like to keep shopping.




...and shopping... A new rug and a slipcover for my Dad's old wingback chair (courtesy of my Mother in-law - for the story on them read down a few posts). A few more doodad's here...



And there....




oh, and over here too....


Just HAD to get this houndstooth pillow with the leather buckles..it was calling to me...




And isn't this a sweet little old chair? My three year old's time out spot, reading chair, step stool and whatever else he can do with it. It's the rotating chair, moved all around the room, so forgive it's placement at the moment.





I have been taking pictures of my rooms since the day we moved in and the changes even make me laugh!
Before's
Do you think it looks "lived in" yet? :)

****Just a little note to all of you who have stopped by to read my last post about my Grandfather. I really appreciate all the kind words & prayers for his return home. I've got some wonderful friends out there in blogland and you've all touched my heart deeply!! Now, you've got me crying again....but really, I thank you for your support! ****

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
Your home is really pretty. I can really see that you have given lots of attention to all the little details!
diane

Twice as Nice said...

I love this room. It is packed full but doesn't look the least bit cluttered. How do you manage that? Love the new pillow. Is it from Home Goods? I never tire of looking at this room or any of your others really. You have a beautiful home.

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

It's official - I love this room. And the houndstooth ottoman...oh my gosh - LOVE it! I would be in that room quite a bit during the day, if it were in my home. Fabulous!

Karin said...

Wow, great job! I don't visit RMS, so I've never sen this and I'm glad you posted it. This house came with a study. I need to follow your lead! Your pheasant tole tray is making my heart go pitter patter. Love it!

Marie said...

That Nikki Crumpet is a HOOT, isn't she? lol I love this room! That ottoman makes my toes curl is so fabulous!

nikkicrumpet said...

Ya big wimp...c'mon give this deserving room it's proper name back! I mean anything this pretty deserves more notice than just "study" And I still stand by my idea...anyone who has a room where Gentlemen are studied is someone who has LOTS of lady visitors popping in unexpected!
I love the before before's...look how this room has evolved!!! Each new layer adds charm and character!
Have a great day!

Screaming Meme said...

Your home is beautiful! I love your style! :)

Mary said...

Oh, this room looks SO wonderful! You have such a wonderful talent for decorating, and yet making a room feel warm and inviting! My friend, Robin, also has many tole trays like you -- she would love to see yours...
xoxo,
Mary

Screaming Meme said...

No! Your not over board...Your home has a warmth to it! i love it! Some of the most beautiful homes are not homey! I love your style...I added you to my blog roll too! Talk to you soon! Meme

Lady Dorothy said...

One of the best things about decorating is that you never have to be finished! I would hate to ever be finished! What fun is that?

I liked seeing your before pictures. Shows how you have added beauty piece by piece. I wonder what the room will look like a year from now!

Heather said...

Okay, your study is bigger (and way cuter) than my living room! Once again you have decorated to perfection! LOVE IT!!!
Oh, and if you hear noises tonight don't think anything of it....and dont think anything of the missing couch tomorrow either!! LOL!!
Unfortunate though........I really liked the idea of studying gentlemen here!! :) he he he So bad!
Heather :)

Salmagundi said...

This room has evolved in the most wonderful way. Is there anything your mother-in-law can't sew? I would think a slipcover for a wing chair would be most difficult. It's almost worth it having them visit for so long. Great post! Sally

No.35style said...

LOVE that houndstooth ottoman! Great room!

Anonymous said...

I will look at your home as many times as you want to show it! It is lovely, and if you're like me: I move it around all the time anyway. So it's "new" all the time!
Brenda

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Laurie,
I am so sorry about your precious Poppy! I hope he will be up and about really soon. Let me know how he is doing!

Love your man study, (that is what I call mine), it is so much fun NOT to be done ever! I have changed this room, totally top to bottom, 2 times in 3 yrs. since we moved here, first it was "mine", then I let it be the men's to enjoy. (The guys thought I was over taking the house with my girl stuff! :)

Hope your having a great three day weekend with your family!
XO,
Donna Lynn

Kathy said...

You do have a beautiful home I remember it from RMS. Kathy

Donna Lynn said...

Hey Laurie,
Just popping by to say HI! Hope your doing well, bet your busy with school starting and all...

XO,
Donna Lynn

Picket said...

Morning girl! I love this room..man study and all! lol That sounds just like something that Nikki would say! lol I love that black cabinet in the corner there and I have a roll top desk just like that but mine is alittle lighter stain..wish is was the color of yours! Hope all is well with you and yours & that your grandpa is doing better...have a great weekend!

Victoria Lynn said...

Laurie,
I just found your beautiful blog thru Donna Lynn's! I love your house and your decorating, you do a wonderful job! I loved reading about your grandparents...they are so blessed to have each other at this age (the pic of them dancing makes my heart smile)and I will pray for your Poppy. Blessings, Victoria Lynn
PS: Stop by some time! :)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I see you love red as much as I do. And...I recently blogged about painting my walls the same color as yours. Great minds think alike. : )

Beautiful post!!!

Glenda said...

Hi

Keep checking to see if your posting. I guess the in-law visit really did you in.

Till next time.

Ciao

Picket said...

Helloooooo....any body home!!!! Ok girl..your breaktime is over..we need to hear alittle peep or burp or something out of you! lol Hope all is well and that you are okay!