Thursday, November 6, 2008

Welcome Changes!


I am constantly changing things in my rooms, I add or subtract, decide the curtain rods need to be hung higher, find a new piece that I can't live without (well, in the moment with my heart pounding upon discovering a new treasure, I convince myself this is true!) that I can't keep any current pictures of the house. The rooms change daily. My husband is so used to this that he no longer notices. Still not sure if that's good or bad....



I've also found that if you take pictures of your rooms, you can see what works or not - things you might not ordinarily notice. I have caught things from seriously crooked pictures to cob webs dangling in the corners and nothing spurs on a cleaning spree like taking pictures for all to see! ;)


So here are a few recent pictures - things may or may not look the same in there tomorrow, but I think it keeps it interesting!


(Mommy didn't buy a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch this year, no siree - she was too busy digging through the gourd bins trying to find just the right ones for the mantle!)



Can you believe "HE" was a $15 clearance section find at Homegoods?! He had a small crack which I wood puttied (sp?) up and dabbed on some paint! I think he was regularly priced around $80. This was one treasure I was proud to show my husband - "Look honey, he was on sale!"


Struck gold again at Homegoods...this heavy wood carved table was $149. I still think that was a great deal! (you should have heard me rambling off like an auctioneer the reasons WHY this was such a good steal to my husband when I was trying to convince him to unload it from the car!)





That little corner of the room needed something ...so I found this little cabinet and thought it was perfect! .. and the bonus was that I could fill it with little treasures that were scattered all over the house...nice & tidy. Makes perfect sense to me....

My husband still hasn't noticed this and it's been several months now. I've learned to be self sufficient at hanging pictures, cabinets & curtain rods!




I retired my former rooster lamp when I found this dressed up version in a store closing sale. He's a little more "glammy" and the size and shape compliments the lamp on the other side of the room (see pic with little cabinet, if you don't take my word for it! ;)



And that concludes the tour of the sitting room - next week it might look different. I'm crossing my fingers that my Hubby never notices! :)

5 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

Stunning. Love the sofa table and it was an excellent price...a must have. I know I'm constantly justifying my purchases to my husband because they don't get it. LOL Love it all Lori,just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Your whole post i totally related too.And that Rooster lamp, I LOVE IT,. and the new buffet table looks great. I like your style and colors. mishelle

Salmagundi said...

Love the updated look! Did the old rooster lamp retire to greener pastures somewhere else in your home? Sally

Picket said...

OH MY WORD!!!! What a tour!!!! I loved it...everything...loved it..that table was a steal and that rooster lamp..ohhhh be still my heart! Everything is just gorgeous girl..I agree with taking the pics and taking a good look at our rooms thru the pics...I learned that from RMS!!! lol lol Great post girl...oh weee like looking thru a great magazine!

Designs on 47th Street said...

I absolutely LOVE your style of decorating. I look at the pictures over and over. That is a neat cabinet that your husband didn't notice! LOL! It's a nice change from another picture. Thanks so much for the tour of the "new look!" Gorgeous!