Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Addendum

Roses for Leslie


Just a little post script here....

My husband came home from work (he's in landscaping so that means Saturdays too, if it's a sunny day then it's a work day!) to gather up our brood to take them "out", a.k.a. - Mother's Day shopping.

Funny man, doesn't he know that taking ALL 3 of our children for a couple of hours, when I have had them ALL day, is present enough? To just sit with a cup of tea in utter silence and not yell up at the ceiling, to not make anyone a snack for the 12th time today or in the three year old's case, applaud his potty routine?

Maybe I can even take a bath BY MYSELF without the youngest one, who always finds out and brings his bath toys to join me. Oh, the possibilities are endless of what I can do for a few hours BY MYSELF! (even sit here and type this uninterrupted! Amazing! :)

But don't worry, I won't "spoil" his day with the children. If a lovely bouquet of roses or a nice shiny bauble comes with it, who am I to complain and ruin his fun? ;)

9 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Oh Laurie, I am so happy that you got some alone time tonight! Bless that perfect mans heart!!! That is just what the Doctor ordered...

Hope you just spent quiet time staring into space! Lovely...
XXOO,
Donna Lynn

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Happy Mother's Day Laurie. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Kim

twintoo10292 said...

I remember the days when time alone was gift enough. Love the children dearly but to have alone time is priceless. That is a for sure gift on mother's day and my birthday. I get so much more done when I have the house to myself. I had a wonderful Mother's Day and I hope you did too.

Picket said...

What a sweet hubby...hope you had the best Mother's day! I thought when all mine got grown and out on their own I would have alot of 'quiet' time....silly me! lol lol They multiplied and came back!!!! lol lol

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

haaa! lol picket! :)

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Laurie,
Oh my, I finally have a little time to check in on my friends!
I am so happy you had a wonderful Mothers Day, I did too, and I will try and post about it soon!
My pink bird is truly pink, I got him from my friend Catt, she was a "pink girl", now she is doing the beach thing...all white, aqua etc. so I got some of her cast off things!!! YEA! cause I am still, and hope to always be, A PINK GIRL!

Have a great week, I am praying for you daily...
XXOO,
Donna Lynn

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Laurie,
Just checking in on you tonight!
I hope you are having a wonderful week with your hubby and kids!

Hugs,
Donna Lynn

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your alone time. I had to swing back in for some more of your beautiful home. It's so full of inspiration.. Hugs to you dear heart. Lynne

Mary said...

Oh how well I remember those days -- peace and quiet was the greatest of gifts! Hope you had a happy day!
xoxo,
Mary